For a look that’s on trend, a little bit edgy yet elegant too, consider black nails.
In this article, we’re going to find out why they are relevant, take a peek at some celebrities rocking black nail polish and offer a step-by-step guide to recreating this on-point look at home.
Why black nails?
– Black is always elegant — you just can’t beat perfectly manicured black nails for that super chic look.
– They are also striking. It’s a relatively new trend, so it’s going to look edgy and a little bit different.
– Black nails go with any outfit, adding individuality to work attire and an unexpected buzz to casual style.
Who rocks black nails?
How to achieve those perfect black nails
Don’t cut your cuticles. Instead, push them back gently with an orange stick.
Use a non-toxic nail polish without harsh ingredients. Non-toxic nail polish won’t make your nails brittle and flaky, it’s kind on your nails. The Sienna range of nail polish is plant-based, sustainable, vegan and cruelty-free…so you are caring not only for your nails but the planet too!
- Remove any old nail polish, using a gentle acetone free remover then wash your nails with soap and water and pat them until thoroughly dry.
- Trim your nails to your desired length with nail clippers, then use a gentle glass nail file to get them into your chosen shape.
- Next, apply a clear base coat to your nails. Our Nail strengthener doubles as a base coat too!
- Now it’s time to apply your black nail polish. Choose a true black shade like Sienna’s Onyx for an intense and uniform look.
- Remove any excess polish from the brush before you start. Paint a vertical line in the centre of your nail, then paint a smooth stripe on either side of that to fill in the nail.
- Move on to the next nail until all are complete. Let the first coat completely dry, then apply the second.
- If there’s any polish on your skin, clean up with a gentle acetone free remover on a cotton bud. *Hot tip – wait until they are fully dry to make the job easier!
- Finish your manicure with a top coat to prevent chips and damage.
Voilà! Time to show off your beautiful black nails.
Shop natural, cruelty-free nail polish