For a look that’s on trend, a little bit edgy yet elegant too, consider black nails.
In this article, we’re going to find out why they are relevant, take a peek at some celebrities rocking black nail polish and offer a step-by-step guide to recreating this on-point look at home.
Why black nails?
- Black is always elegant — you just can’t beat perfectly manicured black nails for that super chic look.
- They are also striking. It’s a relatively new trend, so it’s going to look edgy and a little bit different.
- Black nails go with any outfit, adding individuality to work attire and an unexpected buzz to casual style.
Who rocks black nails?
How to achieve those perfect black nails
- When using hand cream, don’t forget to rub it into your nails and cuticles.
- Don’t cut your cuticles. Instead, push them back gently with an orange stick.
- Use a non-toxic nail polish without harsh ingredients. Non-toxic nail polish won’t make your nails brittle and flaky, it’s kind on your nails. The Sienna range of nail polish is plant-based, sustainable, vegan and cruelty-free…so you are caring not only for your nails but the planet too!
- Remove any old nail polish, using a gentle acetone free remover then wash your nails with soap and water and pat them until thoroughly dry.
- Trim your nails to your desired length with nail clippers, then use a gentle glass nail file to get them into your chosen shape.
- Next, apply a clear base coat to your nails. Our Nail strengthener doubles as a base coat too!
- Now it’s time to apply your black nail polish. Choose a true black shade like Sienna’s Onyx for an intense and uniform look.
- Remove any excess polish from the brush before you start. Paint a vertical line in the centre of your nail, then paint a smooth stripe on either side of that to fill in the nail.
- Move on to the next nail until all are complete. Let the first coat completely dry, then apply the second.
- If there’s any polish on your skin, clean up with a gentle acetone free remover on a cotton bud. *Hot tip – wait until they are fully dry to make the job easier!
- Finish your manicure with a top coat to prevent chips and damage.
- Voilà! Time to show off your beautiful black nails.
Shop natural, cruelty-free nail polish